After criticism from users, Binance canceled the increase in fees
After receiving feedback from the crypto community, the exchange returned the fees to the previous levels
Binance has canceled an increase in withdrawal fees from the TRON network. The exchange said in an announcement that due to negative feedback on increased transaction fees, it decided to return fees to previous levels.
On Friday, February 10, Binance announced the adjustment of withdrawal fees on the TRON network. This was due to the TRON community's acceptance of a proposal to change the mechanism for calculating transaction fees. Withdrawal fees for TRC-20 tokens on Binance were more than doubled.
TRON network is known for its low transaction fees, so transactions in this network are very popular. In comments on Binance's announcement of the increased fees, users noted that the cost of withdrawing tokens on that network has now exceeded the fees for the same transactions on competing networks and that this could lead to a spillover of Tether (USDT) transactions to other blockchains.
"After receiving community feedback on the changes made to withdrawal fees on the TRON network, Binance worked with the TRON project team to find a solution to reduce withdrawal fees on the TRON network," the exchange said in a statement.
As a result, Binance has returned TRON network withdrawal fees to previous levels as of February 11. Withdrawal fees for USDT, USDC and TUSD stablecoin returned back to 1 USDT, USDC and TUSD, respectively, and BUSD stablecoin - to 0.8 BUSD.
- Bloomberg: U.S. regulator launches investigation into Binance USD, a stablecoin issuer
- Failed at AML? Why LocalBitcoins shut down after 10 years of operation
- Visa conducted a trial launch of payments in stablecoins in the SWIFT system
- Investment idea: how to act in case of market uncertainty
- "IRON, Paper, Scissors. How to choose a cold cryptocurrency wallet
- SHIB's chief developer has nothing to do with the PAW meme-token
- Dubai bans anonymous cryptocurrency issuance and transactions
- Kraken exchange shut down stacking in the U.S. and will pay a $30 million fine there