ChatGPT creator to launch Worldcoin cryptocurrency on July 24th
ChatGPT creator Sam Altman will launch the Worldcoin cryptocurrency on July 24, 2023
Worldcoin plans to use eye-scanning technology to identify users
The startup of Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI, the company that developed ChatGPT, will launch its own Worldcoin token (WLD) today, July 24, Semafor reports.
The Worldcoin startup previously hinted at the event by posting the token's launch date on Twitter.
The Tools for Humanity team behind Worldcoin raised $115 million in investment in May, according to Coindesk.
Worldcoin was founded by Sam Altman and Alex Blania in 2019. It plans to use eye-scanning technology to identify users. Worldcoin's developers claim that this will solve two problems that have arisen with the development of artificial intelligence (AI) technology. The system will distinguish between humans and bots, and will also provide "a form of universal basic income that can offset the loss of jobs caused by the widespread adoption of AI."
- Police in Canada warned of a series of robberies of crypto investors' homes
- Binance has released a report on industry trends
- Hacker chatbot WormGPT is sharpened for malware development and fraud
- Intel's 14th-generation processor specs revealed - the gains are impressive
- U.S. Senate decides to regulate the DeFi sphere by banking standards
- There is a $660 reward for information about Elon Musk's cryptocurrency wallet
- Spot bitcoin-ETFs will provide $30 billion in demand for the cryptocurrency