FC Barcelona raises €120 million for Web3 initiatives
FC Barcelona has raised €120 million in investment for its Web3 and blockchain initiatives
The club will unite its own social divisions under the Barca Media brand, which will become "an important source of revenue," the organization said
Spanish soccer club Barcelona has received €120 million (about $132 million) in investment from Liberto Football Finance AG and Nipa Captial BV to develop Web3 and blockchain initiatives.
The funds have been transferred to Barca Vision, a division of Barca, which is focused on expanding the organization in the crypto industry, particularly in the non-fungible token (NFT) sector. The money was obtained against secured collateral, for which the company sold 29.5% of its stake in the holding company Birdgeburd Invest, the agreement specifies.
The soccer club will combine its own social media divisions under the Barca Media brand, which will act as "an important source of revenue," the document said.
- Coinbase files motion on SEC lawsuit over abuse of power
- Investment idea: Earn on gold tokens
- CoinGecko has launched an index of cryptocurrencies that the SEC has labeled as securities
- Hong Kong: 'inappropriate practices' of crypto exchanges could be criminalized
- Bitcoin rose in price amid Moody's downgrade of U.S. bank ratings
- Mike Novogratz's Galaxy Digital fund took a $46 million loss in Q2
- Nearly 60% of investors said they expect bitcoin to rally after halving in April 2024