Robert Kennedy Jr. bought 14 bitcoins for his children
Robert Kennedy Jr. bought two bitcoins for each of his children
The U.S. presidential candidate made the decision because of accusations from crypto industry experts and the media after his comments in support of bitcoin
Democratic US presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. revealed that he bought 14 bitcoins - two BTC for each of his seven children. He explained that he made this decision after he was criticized by crypto industry experts and the media because of his pro-bitcoin comments made during a conference in Miami held in May.
He also announced that he would begin accepting campaign donations in bitcoins, but denied having any personal investment in the cryptocurrency. At the same time, in late June, it became known that the value of bitcoins owned by the nephew of the 35th President of the United States and a participant in the current election race Robert Kennedy Jr. ranged from $100 thousand to $250 thousand.
In July, Kennedy, Jr. announced plans to back the dollar with Bitcoin if he became president of the United States. He specified that he intends to use Bitcoin to stabilize the US dollar and to abolish capital gains tax when converting BTC into the national currency.
- Cryptocurrency exchange KuCoin will lay off 30% of its staff
- Fundstrat: Bitcoin could rise to $180k before halving in 2024
- Tokens for iris. What are the chances of the new project of the creator of ChatGPT?
- Decentralized exchanges began to lose liquidity and market share
- FTX sues Bankman-Fried for $1 billion in damages
- Congressman compares government digital currencies to the Death Star
- Binance and other major crypto exchanges to list Worldcoin