The largest public miner mined over 1k bitcoins in July
The largest public miner mined more than 1,000 bitcoins in July
Marathon Digital Holdings' total bitcoin holdings rose to 12,964 BTC ($379.4 million)
The world's largest publicly traded cryptominer by processing power, Marathon Digital Holdings from the United States, maintained its leadership position in July 2023, with the company's hashrate rising to 18.8 EH/s, according to a press release.
Also in July, the company was rewarded with a record 179 confirmed transaction blocks. It mined 1,176 BTC ($34.4 million) during that month and 6,297 BTC ($184.3 million) since the beginning of the year.
Marathon Digital Holdings' total bitcoin holdings rose to 12,964 BTC ($379.4 million) as of July 31, 2023. BitcoinTreasuries ranks the company second only to Microstrategy in terms of Bitcoin ownership.
Marathon Digital Holdings (MARA) shares are trading at $16.5 at the time of publication, according to NASDAQ data.
Marathon Digital is one of the largest publicly traded mining companies in the United States. It has tens of thousands of cryptocurrency mining devices on "farms" in North Dakota, Ohio, and Texas.
In May, it was reported that Marathon Digital and Zero Two will build 250 MW mining centers in the desert climate of the UAE.
- Cryptocurrency exchange KuCoin to suspend Bitcoin mining services
- Investment idea: Bitcoin dominance and Altcoin growth
- WSJ: China accounts for 20% of Binance users
- MicroStrategy could raise up to $750 million to buy bitcoins
- The organizer of a $1 billion ICO spent investors' money on a diamond
- FTX announced plans to relaunch the exchange
- Saylor: ETF launch will not affect investor interest in MicroStrategy