Wall Street Journal has learned SpaceX sold $373 million worth of Bitcoin
WSJ: Elon Musk's SpaceX has sold $373 million worth of bitcoin
The company got rid of assets in 2021 and 2022, the amount of BTC sold was not specified
Elon Musk's SpaceX company sold bitcoin (BTC), which it owned, for a total of $373 million in 2021 and 2022, The Wall Street Journal reports, citing financial documents. However, the publication did not specify specific dates and volumes of asset sales.
In 2021, Musk mentioned that SpaceX owns Bitcoin and Ethereum (ETH), but did not say how much we are talking about. He also mentioned that his other electric car company, Tesla, had bought $1.5 billion in Bitcoin.
In May, Elon Musk recommended against betting on the meme cryptocurrency Dogecoin (DOGE). The Tesla CEO said that he does not give advice to anyone to invest in cryptocurrencies, including his favorite memcoin.
In April, the billionaire sold $124 million worth of DOGE after the coin rose in value due to the replacement of Twitter's logo with an image of a shiba-inu dog.
- CoinDesk, the largest cryptocurrency publication, has laid off 45% of its editorial staff
- FC Barcelona raises €120 million for Web3 initiatives
- Ex-SEC lawyer predicted the regulator's refusal to approve bitcoin-ETFs
- Tether tech director predicted Bitcoin rate above $35 in 2023
- CipherTrace claimed wrongful arrest of Russian Sterlingov
- Argentine regulator launches security investigation into Worldcoin project
- Coca-Cola releases NFT collection on the blockchain of cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase